One day when I was packing up after my clinic time , I T professional has visited to me . He was around 32 years old and looks like fit in over all body structure . He apologies for late coming but since his office time is 9 AM to 9 PM , he has to come after that . I was shocked how could he work 12 hours shift , but then he explained that time is 6 but work load makes him to sit till late night . He said I am physically fit but now days I am feeling aching joints , reduced alertness and some times disturbed digestion . i did my health checkup but everything is fine . I eat home made food and walk daily to maintain fitness but still muscle pain is there . He already started calcium supplement in impression of calcium deficiency and getting more complications .So he requested me if I could help him through ayurveda.
My first question was “ have you checked Vitamin D3 and Rheumatoid Arthritis factor ? “ His reaction was like am I looking like old age person and why asking these tests . But Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It’s estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low levels of the vitamin in their blood but couldn’t diagnose it as there is no specific symptom . Vitamin D Plays important role in Calcium Absorption into the bones . So there is always Calcium deficiency in body when Vitamin D is insufficient .
This patient is staying indoor whole day and couldn’t even feel sun rays in many years . this is one of the important factor which lowers down vitamin D3 in your body . some common symptoms in your day to day life are –
- Getting sick and infected often – vitamin D’s most important roles is keeping your immune system strong so you’re able to fight off the viruses and bacteria that cause illness. So if you are getting frequent cough and cold then Vitamin D deficiency could be the reason .
- Tiredness and no energy – If you are feeling tired all the time then there chances of low vitamin D level . unfortunately it is often overlooked and Taking suppliments can increase energy for short time but problem will not resolved.
- Bone & back Pain – Vitamin D maintains bone and joint health through number of mechanism . So bone and back pain is the result of in adequate Vitamin D .
- Depressed mood – reduced alertness and mood swings also associated with Vitamin D deficiency .
- Muscle Pain – This type of muscle pain is always difficult to pinpoint . but severe pain and tenderness in all muscles is clear symptom for D 3 vitamin deficiency
- Delayed joint repair – After accident or fracture when joint took long time to reunite then there might be lack of calcium and vitamin D.
- Skin issues like eczema and Psoriasis
HOW CAN AYURVEDA HELP IN CASE OF CALCIUM DEFICIENCY?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in the nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. Ayurveda has herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations without side effects help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance and support to joints . It is just like your food taking every day and makes a lot of difference in your nutrition .
Ayurveda uses the power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. The herbs in Ayurveda help replenish the calcium stores in the body in natural way which makes our joints and bones stronger . They help by aiding the mechanism of the body become stronger and self dependent. When the body starts using its calcium supplies in a healthy way , then there is no requirement of chemical content medicines to increase calcium level.
DIET AND OTHER SOURCES THAT HELP RECOVER FROM CALCIUM AND VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY –
Sunlight is the biggest source which promotes Vitamin D Synthesis from Cholesterol in the skin .
Vegetarian Diet that provide Vitamin D –
Dairy products like cheese
Non Vegetarian Diet that provides Vitamin D –
Hard boiled Egg yolks
Fish Like Tuna , Mackerel and Salmon
However if you don’t spend enough time in the sun , you may start diet whicjh ensures adequate intake . There are many worst things can happen withyou like cancer , arthritis , osteopenia or heart disease if you are getting enough Vitamin D .
Lets start eating healthy balanced food and control this common health problem which is spreading more than 10 million cases per year in India .
After all staying healthy is always better than staying long life with many health problems , isn’t it ?